The idea losing weight fast is an attractive one isn't it? However, losing weight quickly does not always result in permanent weight loss. Not to mention, it might not be healthy for you in the long run either.
Chances are, you have struggled with being overweight for a number of years, and you have probably developed some habits that contribute to your problem. Shedding extra pounds can seem nearly impossible if you try to stumble your way through it all alone. What you need is a few simple, yet proven weight loss strategies put together by real people that have done it before you that will stand the test of time.
Time Tested Weight Loss Strategies - Photo Source: www.examiner.com
1. Attitude - You must cultivate a positive attitude. No matter how much weight you have to lose, no matter how many diets or "programs" you have tried in the past, you must believe can and will lose weight! Not only is it possible, but it is very likely now that you are arming yourself with this proven weight loss strategy. There is one guaranteed way to not lose weight and that is believing that you can't. You also need to have an attitude of doing whatever it takes to lose weight. There will be obstacles and temptations along the way, but having the right attitude will get you past them.
2. Have Fun - Well, that's an odd thing for a strategy, isn't it? At first glance, that may seem to be the case, but you may as well have fun while you are working hard to improve your health. Work and fun are not always opposites, so go ahead and eat fun food (only on special occasions and in moderation of course) and do fun things to burn calories. Smile! Remember, losing weight is should be rewarding, not drudgery. People like Leslie Sansone, Chalene Johnson, Shaun T, Zumba Experts, are just a few experts that all have programs that really make working out and eating well fun yet effective.
3. Resources - No man or woman is an island, and trying to lose weight all by yourself is an exercise in futility. Things like weight loss guides and meal plans, food scales, calorie counters, phone apps, gym memberships, workout DVDs, a personal trainer, accountability group/partner, and so on are all important tools to work with. The more resources you have and make use of, the more likely you are to succeed.
4. Be patient - How long did it take you to weigh as much as you do now? If you are several pounds overweight, then it's a safe bet that you did not gain all the weight overnight, or even in a few months for that matter. Therefore, it's going to take some time to take that weight off. However, if you follow a good plan combined with a proven weight loss strategy, then you should be able to lose weight faster than you put it on.
5. Celebrate! - It isn't always easy to lose weight, but it is possible. Be sure to celebrate the small successes along the way, as well as reaching your ultimate goal.
6. Rinse and Repeat - You will stumble along the way and that's okay. We all have and still do at times. You need to stay calm and remember it's just a minor blip in the grand scheme of things, but don't forget to get right back to it. Bottom Line: Don't give up!
This post is written by Mellisa McJunkin from examiner.com
Article source here: 6 Time Tested Strategies for Permanent Weight Loss